Maryland State Fair
- Maryland State Fair Ends
- Real Life 'League of Their Own' Baseball Player Now Top Sheep Breeder
- MD State fair Best Baking Contest Gives Back
- 100K Lbs of Sand Turned Into Art at the Maryland State Fair
- Horse Shows at the Maryland State Fair
- New Attraction at the Maryland State Fair: Goat Mountain
- Popular American Tradition at the Maryland State Fair: The Art of Canning
- Big Name Acts Star at this Year's Maryland State Fair
- Maryland State Fair: A Time-Honored Tradition
- New Ride at the Maryland State Fair
- Maryland State Fair Dollar Night
- Ride Inspections Underway at the Maryland State Fair
- 132nd Maryland State Fair
New Attraction at the Maryland State Fair: Goat Mountain
Updated: Friday, August 23 2013, 02:30 PM EDT
The annual Maryland State Fair has a new attraction this year – Goat Mountain.
The attraction is filled with young goats who were all born earlier this year. The young female goats are called does and the boys are called wethers. The young animals climb, jump and play all over the habitat at the fairgrounds.
"They love to climb. They love to jump. They love to go under things and do through things," Brenda Strohmer of Strohmer's Farm in Woodstock, MD said. "It brings awareness to the goats and it brings an attraction. It's simply different. It's a different aspect of looking at them, other than being tied up and caged up."
Next year the attraction is set to be even bigger with a larger mountain and some mama and baby pairings.
The goats will be on display every day at the fair.
For more information on the Maryland State Fair at the Timonium Fairgrounds, visit: foxbaltimore.com/statefair