Maryland State Fair
- 133rd Maryland State Fair Wrapping Up
- Arm Wrestling Tournament Enters 7th Year at State Fair
- Clydesdales to Compete at Maryland State Fair
- Phil Vassar to Perform at Maryland State Fair
- Back to School Battle Important to Future of Maryland State Fair
- 4H Robotics Participants Prepare for State Fair Competition
- Maryland State Fair to Receive Award
- Public Transit to the Maryland State Fair
- Maryland State Fair: A Time-Honored Tradition
Public Transit to the Maryland State Fair
Updated: Wednesday, August 20 2014, 06:49 PM EDT
Those planning to attend the 133rd Maryland State Fair can take MTA mass transit.
The Timonium Light Rail Stop is just a short walk from the entrance to the Fairgrounds. Local Bus Nos. 8 and 9 also offer connections to the spot. Below are some tips from the MTA:
Fair attendees can take Light Rail to the Timonium Light Rail Stop for direct access to the fairgrounds entrance. The last Light Rail trains will leave Timonium at 11 p.m. each day of the Fair. Light Rail will run off-peak service between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Sunday, August 24; Sunday, August 31; and Labor Day, Monday, September 1.
Local Bus Lines
Fairgoers can take Local Bus 8 with service between the University of Maryland Transit Center located at Baltimore and Green Streets and the Lutherville Light Rail stop. There passengers can transfer to Light Rail or the No. 9 line. Travelers from the north can take Light Rail from Hunt Valley or the No. 9 line. The No. 9 originates at International Circle in Hunt Valley.
Take Metro Subway to the State Center/Cultural Center Station, walk about one block to the Cultural Center Light Rail Stop, and take Light Rail northbound directly to the Timonium Fairgrounds Station.
This year a new policy has been instituted at the Maryland State Fair; all backpacks, coolers, large bags and wheeled carts will be banned from the fairgrounds.
Permitted items on the Fairgrounds include camera bags, diaper bags, purses, strollers and wagons. All are subject to direct physical or indirect search. For information on the fair, 410-252-0200 x227