Flounder Francaise Recipe
Updated: Tuesday, September 10 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
This easy to make fish recipe is a great choice for dinner. With just a handful of ingredients, this flavorful dish is quick to cook and sure to be a hit at the dinner table.
Yield: 2 portions
1 cup My Essentials AP Flour
1 Tbs. My Essentials Salt
1 Tbs. My Essentials Pepper
2 ea. My Essentials Eggs, beaten
1 lb. Flounder filets
2 cups My Essentials Oil
1/4 c. Shallots, minced
1 c. White Cooking Wine
1/2 c. Food Lion Heavy cream
1/4 c. My Essentials Butter
to taste Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium fry pan to 350°F.
- Add the tablespoons of salt and pepper to the flour. Dredge the flounder filets in the seasoned flour to coat evenly. Shake off the excess.
- Dunk the floured filets into the egg and immediately into the hot oil.
- When the filets are golden brown and done. Remove them from the oil and keep warm.
- In a separate pan, heat the shallots and wine and boil the moisture away until the pan is dry. Add the cream and finish the sauce with the butter. Add the lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite starch or pasta