Food Lion Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Updated: Wednesday, November 27 2013, 02:16 PM EST
One of the hallmarks of Thanksgiving dinner is the green bean casserole. Stratford University prepares a simple and delicious recipe!
Green Bean Casserole
Yield: 4 portions
1lb Food Lion Green Beans, frozen or canned
1 oz. My Essentials Flour
1 oz. My Essentials Butter
2 c. My Essentials Whole Milk
4 oz. Food Lion Cooked Mushroom
3 oz. Food Lion French Fried Onions
To taste Food Lion Salt & Pepper
1. Heat an oven to 350°F
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and make a roux
3. Immediately add the milk and whisk together with roux to break up the lumps.
4. Switch to a spoon and stir the sauce as you bring it to a boil.
5. Add the cooked mushrooms. Season to taste
6. In a mixing bowl, add the mushroom sauce to the frozen green beans. Toss and place in casserole.
7. Bake in heated oven for 15 minutes. Top with onions and enjoy