Food Lion Hawaiian Stuffing Recipe
Updated: Wednesday, November 27 2013, 02:16 PM EST
If you're cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year, there's a good chance you're making stuffing to go with it! Try out this tasty twist on the traditional dish.
Serves: 6 portions
2 Tbs. My Essentials butter
8 oz. My Essentials ham steak, cubed
4 oz. Fresh from the Field yellow onion, diced
2 oz. Fresh from the Field celery, diced
1 cup My Essentials stock (vegetable, beef, or chicken)
1 12-oz can Food Lion pineapple tidbits
1 box Food Lion turkey stuffing mix (chicken, beef, whichever is your favorite)
To taste Food Lion salt & pepper
1. Open can of pineapple and drain liquid, reserving the liquid. Keep pineapple aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the reserved pineapple juice and stock together and keep warm.
3. In a heated pan, melt the butter and add the ham. Cook until ham is browned.
4. Add the onion and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft.
5. Add the reserved pineapple tidbits then add the juice/stock liquid.
6. Add the stuffing mix and toss until the dried bread is coated in the juice and rehydrated.
7. Season to taste and serve.
8. Optional: You may press the stuffing into a buttered loaf pan to shape the stuffing and help with eye appeal when serving.