Fresh Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Updated: Tuesday, July 9 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
2 cp My Essentials Flour
2/3 cp My Essentials Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Food Lion Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Food Lion Baking Soda
1/4 tsp My Essentials Salt
1 cp My Essentials Sour Cream
1/4 cp My Essentials Milk
1/4 cp My Essentials Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Grate Orange Peel
1 tsp Food Lion Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cp Blueberries
1/2 tsp Food Lion Cinnmon
PREP: 15 MIN
COOK: 25 MIN
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Set aside.
2. Mix flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Mix sour cream, milk, oil, egg, orange peel and vanilla in medium bowl.
3. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.) Gently stir in blueberries.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Serve warm with Honey Butter, if desired.
6. Prepare batter as directed.
7. Use 1 cup peeled, cored and chopped apple in place of the blueberries.
8. Prepare batter as directed.
9. Use 1 cup raspberries in place of the blueberries.