Perfect Side Dishes for Your Cookout
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 09:13 PM EDT
Make the perfect side dishes for your summer cookout! Stratford University chef instructor Gregory Hare shares some great crowd-pleasing recipes!
1 lb. Green beans, frozen
1 oz. Flour
1 oz. Butter
2 c. Whole Milk
4 oz. Cooked Mushrooms
3 oz. French Fried Onions
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Heat an oven to 350 F.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and make a roux.
3. Immediately add the milk and whisk together with roux to break up the lumps.
4. Switch to a spoon and stir the sauce as you bring it to a boil.
5. Add the cooked mushrooms. Season to taste.
6. In a mixing bowl, add the mushroom sauce to the frozen green beans. Toss and place in casserole.
7. Bake in heated oven for 15 minute. Top with onions and enjoy.
Yield: 4 portions