- Baltimore's Art Donovan Laid to Rest
- Artie and the Goose
- Funeral for Art Donovan Set for Friday
- Former Teammate Tom Matte Remembers Artie
- Baltimore City Public Remembering Art Donovan
- Remembering Art Donovan
- Tribute to Art Donovan from FOX45's Candace Dold
- Steve Bisciotti's Statement on the Passing of Art Donovan
- Statement from Joey Unitas and Family on the Passing of Art Donovan
- Baltimore's Art Donovan Passes Away
Baltimore's Art Donovan Laid to Rest
Updated: Friday, August 9 2013, 07:09 PM EDT
The funeral for former Baltimore Colt Art Donovan was held Friday, August 9 at The Cathedral of Mary Our Queen in Baltimore.
Hundreds of people gathered to pay their respects to the Hall of Famer, who died on Sunday of a respiratory ailment. At his funeral service they remembered Donovan as a tough competitor with a gentle spirit, and as a storyteller who was admired for his humility and his humanity.
Another former Colt, Reverend Joe Ehrmann delivered the eulogy and spoke on behalf of Donovan’s family. In the crowd were political leaders and sports figures, including a dozen of Art’s old teammates. Friends and family held a private funeral at the cemetery following the public service.
Donovan was born in New York but after football he settled in Baltimore where he owned liquor stores and a country club. He leaves behind his wife of 57-years, five children, seven grandchildren and a community that will miss him and will remember his many contributions both on and off the field.