- 2014 Preakness videos coming soon!
- Preakness Attracts Large Crowds and Wagers
- Celebrations at Preakness' Infield are Nothing Short of a Success'
- One Family Uses Revenue from Preakness Parking Shuffle to Give Back
- 138th Preakness Ups Security Measures
- BREAKING NEWS: The Winner of the 138th Annual Preakness Is Oxbow
- 138th Preakness Draw - Morgan Adsit
- Preakness Road Closures and Advisories
- Shug McGaughey Presser Monday
- Lt. Governor Brown to Present Preakness Trophy
- How to Pick a Winning Horse
- Fillies Take Center Stage in Black-Eyed Susan
- Orb Draws Rail as 1-1 Favorite in Preakness
- Horses Prepare at Pimlico for Race Day on Saturday
- Derby Winner Orb Faces a Friend in the Preakness
- New Marketing Efforts In Place For Preakness 2013
- Napravnik Poised for Homecoming in Preakness
- Orb Arrives in Maryland for Preakness
- Normandy Invasion Passing on Preakness
- 5/13/13 Makeover Monday: Preakness Style
- Preakness Ticket Sales Up, Positioned for Record Attendance
- Derby Winner Orb Prepares for Preakness Run
- Preakness 2013 Taking Extra Security Measures Following Boston Bombing
Derby Winner Orb Prepares for Preakness Run
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 09:17 PM EDT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Now that Shug McGaughey has won the Kentucky Derby, it's time for the 62-year-old trainer to go after another race missing from his Hall of Fame resume.
Orb will follow up his win at Churchill Downs by running in the Preakness on May 18, giving the colt a shot at the Triple Crown.
Orb headed back to New York on Sunday, with McGaughey still absorbing what had happened a day earlier. The colt extended his winning streak to five races, splashing through the slop to win the Derby by 2 1/4 lengths. He rallied from 17th and made a sweeping move on the turn for home to win under jockey Joel Rosario.
McGaughey has never won the Preakness in two previous attempts. Easy Goer finished second in 1989, the same result the colt had in the Derby that year.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.