- Preakness Attracts Large Crowds and Wagers
- Celebrations at Preakness' Infield are Nothing Short of a Success'
- One Family Uses Revenue from Preakness Parking Shuffle to Give Back
- 138th Preakness Ups Security Measures
- BREAKING NEWS: The Winner of the 138th Annual Preakness Is Oxbow
- 138th Preakness Draw - Morgan Adsit
- Preakness Road Closures and Advisories
- Shug McGaughey Presser Monday
- Lt. Governor Brown to Present Preakness Trophy
- How to Pick a Winning Horse
- Fillies Take Center Stage in Black-Eyed Susan
- Orb Draws Rail as 1-1 Favorite in Preakness
- Horses Prepare at Pimlico for Race Day on Saturday
- Derby Winner Orb Faces a Friend in the Preakness
- New Marketing Efforts In Place For Preakness 2013
- Napravnik Poised for Homecoming in Preakness
- Orb Arrives in Maryland for Preakness
- Normandy Invasion Passing on Preakness
- 5/13/13 Makeover Monday: Preakness Style
- Preakness Ticket Sales Up, Positioned for Record Attendance
- Derby Winner Orb Prepares for Preakness Run
- Preakness 2013 Taking Extra Security Measures Following Boston Bombing
Napravnik Poised for Homecoming in Preakness
Updated: Tuesday, May 14 2013, 02:41 PM EDT
With a victory aboard Mylute in the Preakness on Saturday, Rosie Napravnik would become the first female jockey to capture the middle jewel of the Triple Crown.
More importantly to her, it would serve as a triumphant return to Pimlico Race Course, where she launched her outstanding career.
Napravnik says, "I just want to win it for my own sense of accomplishment and for all the people who have been rooting for me since the very beginning."
The 25-year-old Napravnik finished fifth in the Kentucky Derby on Mylute, the best performance ever by a female rider in the sport's most esteemed event.
Her goal this week is to make up the difference against Orb, who won the Derby and is expected to be overwhelming favorite in the Preakness.
(AP Photo/Garry Jones, File)