- 2014 Preakness videos coming soon!
- Preakness Attracts Large Crowds and Wagers
- Celebrations at Preakness' Infield are Nothing Short of a Success'
- One Family Uses Revenue from Preakness Parking Shuffle to Give Back
- 138th Preakness Ups Security Measures
- BREAKING NEWS: The Winner of the 138th Annual Preakness Is Oxbow
- 138th Preakness Draw - Morgan Adsit
- Preakness Road Closures and Advisories
- Shug McGaughey Presser Monday
- Lt. Governor Brown to Present Preakness Trophy
- How to Pick a Winning Horse
- Fillies Take Center Stage in Black-Eyed Susan
- Orb Draws Rail as 1-1 Favorite in Preakness
- Horses Prepare at Pimlico for Race Day on Saturday
- Derby Winner Orb Faces a Friend in the Preakness
- New Marketing Efforts In Place For Preakness 2013
- Napravnik Poised for Homecoming in Preakness
- Orb Arrives in Maryland for Preakness
- Normandy Invasion Passing on Preakness
- 5/13/13 Makeover Monday: Preakness Style
- Preakness Ticket Sales Up, Positioned for Record Attendance
- Derby Winner Orb Prepares for Preakness Run
- Preakness 2013 Taking Extra Security Measures Following Boston Bombing
New Marketing Efforts In Place For Preakness 2013
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 09:17 PM EDT
Preakness 2013 is near as radio and TV advertisements promote the big race and the entertainment scheduled to perform on Saturday.
WBFF found out that the new marketing efforts are paying off due to the increase in ticket sales.
Maryland Jockey Club president Tom Chuckas says, "Most of the money from the gaming goes into the purses."
Taken more from their own coughers and from casino revenues to promote the brand and image of Pimlico.
Chuckas also says, "We're opening the infield for the first time for the black eyed susan. I think their a major contributor to society and they need to be out here any day of the week."
Pimlico has invested some much needed money to make improvements at the track, including a brand new winners circle, but it is not just the Preakness they're worried about. They have a whole new marketing strategy as well and the new Pimlico logo is here to stay.