- 2014 Preakness videos coming soon!
- Preakness Attracts Large Crowds and Wagers
- Celebrations at Preakness' Infield are Nothing Short of a Success'
- One Family Uses Revenue from Preakness Parking Shuffle to Give Back
- 138th Preakness Ups Security Measures
- BREAKING NEWS: The Winner of the 138th Annual Preakness Is Oxbow
- 138th Preakness Draw - Morgan Adsit
- Preakness Road Closures and Advisories
- Shug McGaughey Presser Monday
- Lt. Governor Brown to Present Preakness Trophy
- How to Pick a Winning Horse
- Fillies Take Center Stage in Black-Eyed Susan
- Orb Draws Rail as 1-1 Favorite in Preakness
- Horses Prepare at Pimlico for Race Day on Saturday
- Derby Winner Orb Faces a Friend in the Preakness
- New Marketing Efforts In Place For Preakness 2013
- Napravnik Poised for Homecoming in Preakness
- Orb Arrives in Maryland for Preakness
- Normandy Invasion Passing on Preakness
- 5/13/13 Makeover Monday: Preakness Style
- Preakness Ticket Sales Up, Positioned for Record Attendance
- Derby Winner Orb Prepares for Preakness Run
- Preakness 2013 Taking Extra Security Measures Following Boston Bombing
Preakness Attracts Large Crowds and Wagers
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 09:17 PM EDT
This weekend the 138th Preakness Stakes attracted more than 117,000 people, the fourth largest crowd for the annual event.
And while the final numbers on how much was raked in aren't in yet, Pimlico's president Tom Chuckas says the event went very well.
Close to $82 million was wagered this Preakness, and increase of almost $1.4 million from last year.
"Overall our handle was up. I think we're growing and we're gonna continue to grow," Chuckas said.
Chuckas says he hopes to bring in big names in the music industry to double the crowds on Black Eyed Susan Day.
As for renovations, concrete plans should be made by the end of the summer, and they could include completely leveling Pimlico and starting from scratch.