- Preakness Attracts Large Crowds and Wagers
- Celebrations at Preakness' Infield are Nothing Short of a Success'
- One Family Uses Revenue from Preakness Parking Shuffle to Give Back
- 138th Preakness Ups Security Measures
- BREAKING NEWS: The Winner of the 138th Annual Preakness Is Oxbow
- 138th Preakness Draw - Morgan Adsit
- Preakness Road Closures and Advisories
- Shug McGaughey Presser Monday
- Lt. Governor Brown to Present Preakness Trophy
- How to Pick a Winning Horse
- Fillies Take Center Stage in Black-Eyed Susan
- Orb Draws Rail as 1-1 Favorite in Preakness
- Horses Prepare at Pimlico for Race Day on Saturday
- Derby Winner Orb Faces a Friend in the Preakness
- New Marketing Efforts In Place For Preakness 2013
- Napravnik Poised for Homecoming in Preakness
- Orb Arrives in Maryland for Preakness
- Normandy Invasion Passing on Preakness
- 5/13/13 Makeover Monday: Preakness Style
- Preakness Ticket Sales Up, Positioned for Record Attendance
- Derby Winner Orb Prepares for Preakness Run
- Preakness 2013 Taking Extra Security Measures Following Boston Bombing
Preakness Road Closures and Advisories
Updated: Friday, May 17 2013, 05:21 PM EDT
The Baltimore City Dept. of Transportation is advising motorists to be aware of road closures and traffic modifications in effect for Preakness on Saturday. The 138th running of the Preakness Stakes and InfieldFest 2013 which will take place on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at Pimlico Race Course.
Those attending the annual event are urged to carpool or use public transportation – those who are driving to the event should park at commercial lots and avoid parking in area neighborhoods.
All posted parking restrictions will be strictly enforced. Towed vehicles will be relocated to Cylburn Avenue just south of Northern Parkway and those who have had their cars towed can call 311 for further information.
The following streets will be closed to through traffic on Preakness Day:
Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
-Southbound Jones Falls Expressway exit ramp to eastbound Northern Parkway. Motorists will be redirected to the Cold Spring Lane exits.
-Cylburn Avenue from Northern Parkway to Greenspring Avenue
Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 5:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
-Southbound Jones Falls Expressway exit ramp to westbound Northern Parkway. Motorists will be redirected to the Cold Spring Lane exits.
-Westbound Northern Parkway from Falls Road to Greenspring Avenue
The following special traffic modifications will also be in effect:
Thurs, May 16, 2013 starting at 10:00 p.m. until Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:00 p.m.
Rogers Avenue - One way westbound from Winner to Park Heights Avenues
Winner Avenue - One way northbound from Hayward to Rogers Avenues
Manhattan Avenue - One way eastbound from Winner Avenue to Pimlico Road
Whitney Avenue - One way westbound from Pimlico Road to Key Avenue
Sulgrave Avenue - One way westbound from Stuart to Highgate Avenues
Rockwood Avenue - One way eastbound from Key to Berkeley Avenues
Simmonds Avenue - One way southbound from Rockwood to Manhattan Avenues
Woodcrest Avenue - One way northbound from Northern Parkway to Rockwood Avenue
Merville Avenue - One way southbound from Glen Avenue to Northern Parkway
Berkeley Avenue - One way northbound from Whitney to Glen Avenues
Stuart Avenue - One way northbound from Northern Parkway to Sulgrave Avenue
Rusk Avenue - One way southbound from Whitney Avenue to Northern Parkway
Thurs, May 16, 2013 starting at 10:00 p.m. until Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:00 p.m.
Rogers Avenue - Closed to traffic from Winner Avenue to Northern Parkway
Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Hayward Avenue - One way eastbound from Park Heights to Winner Avenues
Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Pimlico Road - Closed from Northern Parkway to Ken Oak Road
Pimlico Road - One way northbound from Ken Oak Road to Greenspring Avenue