- California Chrome Allowed to Wear Breathing Strips at Belmont
- Preakness Champion California Chrome Leaves Pimlico
- The Winner of the 139th Annual Preakness is California Chrome
- Crowds Turn Out For Black Eyed Susan Day Despite Rain
- Heavy Rains Falling for Black-Eyed Susan Day
- Rain Changes some Friday Preakness Events
- Behind the Scenes at Pimlico: The Story of the Three Stewards
- Preakness Favorite California Chrome Ready for Saturday
- Early Morning Free Tours at Pimlico
- California Chrome, Kentucky Derby Winner, Settles in at Pimlico
- California Chrome Arrives in Baltimore for Preakness
- Filly Ria Antonia to Run Against Boys in Preakness
- California Chrome Runs With Bulls-eye in Preakness
- Social Inclusion Arrives for Preakness
- BBB of Maryland Warning Horse Racing Fans About Preakness Ticket Scams
- As The Kentucky Derby Approaches, Local Handicapper Prepares To Shine
- Preakness Attracts Large Crowds and Wagers
- 138th Preakness Ups Security Measures
- BREAKING NEWS: The Winner of the 138th Annual Preakness Is Oxbow
- How to Pick a Winning Horse
- 5/13/13 Makeover Monday: Preakness Style
Social Inclusion Arrives for Preakness
Updated: Thursday, May 8 2014, 03:57 PM EDT
Social Inclusion has arrived at Pimlico Race Course in preparation to take on Kentucky Derby winner California Chrome in the Preakness.
Social Inclusion finished third in the Wood Memorial in his most recent race. He arrived from Florida by van Thursday. His 85-year-old trainer, Manny Azpurua, was on hand to greet the colt. Social Inclusion is to gallop Friday.
California Chrome went for a 1 1/2-mile gallop at Churchill Downs on Thursday and is expected to fly to Baltimore on Monday.
A maximum of 14 horses can start in the 1 3/16-mile race May 17, but it appears California Chrome won't face that many challengers.
Ride On Curlin is the only other Derby horse who will try the Preakness. He finished seventh last weekend. Others under consideration include Pablo Del Monte, Kid Cruz, Bayern, Dynamic Impact, Ring Weekend and filly Ria Antonio.