- Ravens' Steve Bisciotti Names 2014 "Worst Year as an Owner"
- Governor Larry Hogan One-On-One Interview with FOX 45â€™s Kai Jackson
- Governor Larry Hogan Delivers State of the State
- 911 Calls in Icy Pond Rescue Released
- Childs Point Fire 911 Calls Released
- 'Active Fire' Burning at Annapolis Mansion 1 Day Later, 6 Still Missing
- FOX45 News Interviews Tawanda Jones
- City Mayor, FOP, Police Speak on NYPD Shootings (Pt 1)
- City Mayor, FOP, Police, NAACP Speak on NYPD Shootings (Pt 2)
- Michael Phelps Pleads Guilty to DUI
- Released From Cuba, Alan Gross Says Freedom is Not Free
- Obama: US Re-Establishing Relations With Cuba
- 19-Year-Old 'Violent Repeat Offender' Charged With City Officer Shooting
- Baltimore City Officer Shot Sunday Night Near Mondawmin Mall
- Charges Dropped, Lawsuit Filed Against BPD [FULL CELL PHONE VIDEO]
- Marvin 'Doc' Cheatham Weighs in on Baltimore's Tuesday Night Protest
- Missouri Governor: More National Guard in Ferguson
- Brown's Attorneys Criticize Grand Jury, Prosecutor
- Grand Jury Decides Officer Wilson Will Not Be Indicted
- Obama Appeals for Calm after Ferguson Decision
- Ferguson Crowd Erupts in Anger at No Indictment
- Doctors: Ebola Case Was Too Advanced
- City Fire Safety Officer Found Deceased in E Baltimore Dwelling [FIRE DEPT PRESSER]
- Woman Abducted in PA Found Alive in MD
- Larry Hogan Wins Race for Governor (Full Victory Speech)
- Brown Loses Race to Hogan (Full Speech)
- Hillary Clinton Speaks at Campaign Event for Anthony Brown [FULL PRESSER]
- University of Maryland Medical Center Monitoring 'Potential' Ebola Patient [FULL PRESSER]
- Maryland Officials Outline Ebola-Monitoring Plan [FULL PRESSER]
- Father Speaks Out on Slain MTA Driverâ€™s Murder Investigation
- NIH: Ebola Patient 'Resting Comfortably' After Trip from Dallas [FULL PRESSER]
- Maryland Officials Discuss Ebola Preparedness [FULL PRESSER]
- FULL VIDEO: Crowd Cheers as 51-Year-Old Attacked on Baltimore Subway
- MD Gubernatorial Candidates Hold 2nd Debate
- Police Commissioner Seeks US Probe of Department
- SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE: City Cop Storms into Apt Before Alleged Domestic Assault
- POLICE PRESSER: Arrest in 2013 Homicide
- Another Violent City Arrest Under Investigation
- Ravens Respond to ESPN Report on Ray Rice Case
- Police Commissioner on Violent Arrest: 'Nothing I Saw on That Video is Defensible'
- Baltimore Police Officer Being Sued After Violent Arrest [VIDEO]
- Obama: US to Expand Islamic State Strikes to Syria
- Coach Harbaugh Speaks on Ray Rice Decision
- Ray Lewis Statue Unveiled
- Lawyer: Autopsy Shows Unarmed Teen Repeatedly Shot
- Liberian Doctor on a Quest to Bring Medical Help, Supplies to Liberia
- Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Deputy Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez Speak on Drive-by Shooting that Killed a 3-Year-Old Girl
- Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice Answers Questions, Apologizes for Domestic Violence Incident
- NFL Suspends Ravens RB Ray Rice for Two Games
- Terrell Suggs: It's Good to Have Football Back
911 Call From the Scene of Fatal Arrest
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 10:18 PM EDT
UPDATE: Eight Baltimore City Police Officers have been named in Friday's in custody death: Jorge Bernardez-Ruiz, Nicholas Chapman, Matthew Cioffi, Alex Hashagen, Eric Hinton, Danielle Lewis, Derrick Beasley, and Latreese Lee. FOX45 is waiting on the name of the Morgan State Police Officer involved in the incident.
For the second time in less than a year, a man has died while being taken into police custody in Baltimore City. Homeowners told FOX45 that 44 year-old Tyrone West was dead before he even reached the ambulance.
The officers involved in Thursday night's fatal arrest are part of the same unit that arrested Anthony Anderson last September. Anderson died as he was being taken into police custody in 2012. While the officers were cleared of any wrongdoing it did prompt the Department of Justice to launch an investigation.
Whether the plain clothes officers involved in West's arrest used excessive force is now at the center of another investigation. While detectives examine the incident, Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts is meeting with homeowners in the neighborhood to see if he can gather any additional information as to what led to West's death.
Police said West resisted arrest and they had to call for backup. Witnesses agree that West initially did resist, but one witness told FOX45 that once he was on the ground the police were hitting him with batons and kicking him in the head.
West had a lengthy criminal record, which included drug charges and resisting arrest. Family members say he just got out of prison last summer.