- Gunman in on-air shooting of reporter and photographer dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound
- Jimmy Carter to undergo radiation for cancer on his brain
- Governor Hogan details cancer battle in one-on-one interview
- Ohio cop faces murder charge in driver's killing
- Police release 911 call excerpt following Key Bridge boat crash
- Town Hall: State of Affairs
- Town Hall: State of Affairs
- New era in ties begins as Cuba raises flag at embassy in US
- Man charged with attempted murder after officer stabbed
- The Latest: FBI looking into Tennessee shooter's travel
- Police making arrests in Baltimore homicides
- Sheriff: Murder charges in case of sisters missing since '75
- Christie picks up 2016 endorsement from Maryland governor
- One-on-One Interview with Interim Police Commissioner Kevin Davis
- Confederate flag is removed in South Carolina
- Governor Hogan establishes Regulatory Reform Commission
- The latest on the Mayor's decision to terminate Commissioner Batts
- Baltimore FOP President: unrest and riots were 'preventable'
- FOX45's one on one conversation with Sheila Dixon ahead of mayoral campaign run
- US, Cuba reach agreement to open embassies
- 3 suspects indicted for alleged role in brutal murder of Arnesha Bowers
- Police: 3 officers identified after police involved shooting on Thursday
- Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide
- Maryland Governor Larry Hogan diagnosed with aggressive form of cancer
- Baltimore riots: raw footage
- Dylann Roof makes first court appearance; judge sets $1M bond
- Heidi Bernadzikowski's family responds to her killer's guilty sentence
- Obama expresses sadness, urges national reckoning on gun violence
- Most talked-about moments from Donald Trump's presidential announcement
- Donald Trump says he's running for president in 2016
- Former Spokane NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal: 'I identify as black'
- 11 indicted, charged with conspiracy and distribution of drugs
- Baltimore Mayor: we continue to assess the cost of the unrest
- Commissioner Batts Addresses Rise in Crime, Violence Against Juveniles, and Short-Staffed Police Force
- Child in critical condition after hit-and-run in Cherry Hill
- Sinclair Broadcast Group rings NASDAQ closing bell
- Rick Perry announces 2016 bid, a re-do from 2012
- Your Voice: Mayor Rawlings-Blake answers viewer questions
- Baltimore police union requests release of tapes, texts between command staff, city hall during riots
- One-on-one interview with Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts
- Lindsey Graham launches 2016 bid
- Martin O'Malley announces presidential bid for 2016 election
- Baltimore Mayor asked about recent spike in shootings
- Grand jury indicts 6 officers in death of Freddie Gray
- Baltimore: Moving Forward
- FOX45’s Kathleen Cairns asks Baltimore Mayor about response time during riots
- AG Lynch opens civil rights investigation into Baltimore Police Dept.
- Ed Reed returns to Baltimore to announce retirement
- Hogan rescinds State of Emergency, all National Guard removed from Baltimore
- Baltimore Mayor asks DOJ to investigate whether police have 'pattern' of violating 4th amendment
Baltimore County Police Chief James Johnson Speaks Following Officer Death
Updated: Wednesday, August 28 2013, 01:14 PM EDT
Baltimore County Officials have announced that an officer who was shot during the execution of a search warrant Wednesday morning has died. 36-year-old Jason Schneider was a 13-year veteran of the agency and had a decade of experience in the tactical division.
Officials say tactical units went into a home on Winters Lane in Catonsville to serve a search warrant for a shooting that happened last week.
"Upon entering the structure the tactical officers detected movement," Baltimore County Police Chief James Johnson said at a press conference on Wednesday morning. "While in the structure searching room to room, their presence was clearly known, we know the suspects clearly knew that they were police officers. One of our tactical officers, Jason, turned a corner at which time he was struck several times. As he was going down he returned fire striking the suspect several times."
The suspect is being treated at Shock Trauma, he is in critical condition.