- How Baltimore County Schools make decisions on closing schools for heat
- Sen. Ben Cardin will not support Iran nuclear deal
- Fresno 'Ribs Man' Video Goes Viral
- Community and religious leaders weigh in on Freddie Gray hearing
- Ex-Baltimore police commissioner discusses tenure, firing
- Gunman in on-air shooting of reporter and photographer dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound
- Jimmy Carter to undergo radiation for cancer on his brain
- Governor Hogan details cancer battle in one-on-one interview
- Ohio cop faces murder charge in driver's killing
- Police release 911 call excerpt following Key Bridge boat crash
- Town Hall: State of Affairs
- Town Hall: State of Affairs
- New era in ties begins as Cuba raises flag at embassy in US
- Man charged with attempted murder after officer stabbed
- The Latest: FBI looking into Tennessee shooter's travel
- Police making arrests in Baltimore homicides
- Sheriff: Murder charges in case of sisters missing since '75
- Christie picks up 2016 endorsement from Maryland governor
- One-on-One Interview with Interim Police Commissioner Kevin Davis
- Confederate flag is removed in South Carolina
- Governor Hogan establishes Regulatory Reform Commission
- The latest on the Mayor's decision to terminate Commissioner Batts
- Baltimore FOP President: unrest and riots were 'preventable'
- FOX45's one on one conversation with Sheila Dixon ahead of mayoral campaign run
- US, Cuba reach agreement to open embassies
- 3 suspects indicted for alleged role in brutal murder of Arnesha Bowers
- Police: 3 officers identified after police involved shooting on Thursday
- Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide
- Maryland Governor Larry Hogan diagnosed with aggressive form of cancer
- Baltimore riots: raw footage
- Dylann Roof makes first court appearance; judge sets $1M bond
- Heidi Bernadzikowski's family responds to her killer's guilty sentence
- Obama expresses sadness, urges national reckoning on gun violence
- Most talked-about moments from Donald Trump's presidential announcement
- Donald Trump says he's running for president in 2016
- Former Spokane NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal: 'I identify as black'
- 11 indicted, charged with conspiracy and distribution of drugs
- Baltimore Mayor: we continue to assess the cost of the unrest
- Commissioner Batts Addresses Rise in Crime, Violence Against Juveniles, and Short-Staffed Police Force
- Child in critical condition after hit-and-run in Cherry Hill
- Sinclair Broadcast Group rings NASDAQ closing bell
- Rick Perry announces 2016 bid, a re-do from 2012
- Your Voice: Mayor Rawlings-Blake answers viewer questions
- Baltimore police union requests release of tapes, texts between command staff, city hall during riots
- One-on-one interview with Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts
- Lindsey Graham launches 2016 bid
- Martin O'Malley announces presidential bid for 2016 election
- Baltimore Mayor asked about recent spike in shootings
- Grand jury indicts 6 officers in death of Freddie Gray
- Baltimore: Moving Forward
FULL PRESSER: Obama IDs US Citizen Onboard Jet Shot Down Over Ukraine
Updated: Friday, July 18 2014, 02:18 PM EDT
By Friday morning one US citizen had been identified among Malaysia Flight 17's passenger manifest, President Obama announced at a press conference. The victim was identified as Quinn Lucas Schansman.
"We have been...methodical...in working through the flight manifest and identifying which passenger might've had a US passport," Obama said. "At this stage...this is our best assessment of the number of Americans that were killed."
Obama confirmed that it was a surface-to-air missile that brought the Malaysia Airlines flight down in an area believed to be controlled by Russian-backed separatists. He called for an immediate ceasefire in Ukraine and announced broader economic sanctions against Russia.
"We know that these separatists have received a steady flow of support from Russia," Obama said, including weapons and training.
The President noted that there were nearly 100 researchers and advocates traveling to an international conference dedicated to combating HIV.
Obama is calling for an international investigation.