Most Shared

text size

1 Fatality in Anne Arundel Co Hazmat Incident

Updated: Wednesday, September 3 2014, 06:51 PM EDT

According to the Anne Arundel County Fire Department, one man is dead after a hazmat incident on Shelly Road in Brooklyn Park Tuesday evening. He was later identified as Matthew Ross Eitel.

According to officials, officers responded shortly after 4 p.m. to the Burwood Apartments and evacuated the buildings for a report of a gas leak.

Upon arrival, one victim was confirmed dead. Investigators believe the man was mixing several cleaning chemicals together that let out poisonous gas from his 2nd floor apartment. Hazmat teams spent hours at the building. Residents say the smell was so strong it made many of them sick.

Another victim was transported to a hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries. Two others refused a transport.

1 Fatality in Anne Arundel Co Hazmat Incident


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

Top Stories

  [ - ] Video Stories Only  [ - ] Text Stories Only  [ + ] Show All
 
Advertise with us!