Hotel Evacuated Near BWI for Carbon Monoxide
Updated: Monday, February 17 2014, 08:41 AM EST
Officials evacuated a hotel near the Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport for elevated carbon monoxide levels, and nine people were taken to hospitals for carbon monoxide exposure.
A worker at the Westin reported feeling faint while in the building's laundry room and officials were called.
A fire department spokesman says carbon monoxide was found on all seven floors of the Linthicum hotel.
Eight employees and one guest were hospitalized.
All nine are in stable condition.
According to its website the hotel has 260 rooms.
It's about two miles from the airport.
Reached by telephone Sunday night, two different employees said no one was available to comment and hung up the phone.