Victim ID'd in Saturday's fatal Elkton fire
ELKTON, Md. (WBFF) -- Today, Deputy State Fire Marshals have determined the origin and cause of a fatal fire in Elkton that claimed the life of Norman Stanley Little, 63, on Saturday afternoon.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner confirmed the victim's identity earlier this morning. However the exact cause and manner of death are pending.
Deputy State Fire Marshals were requested to 2706 Pebble Beach Drive in Elkton.
Firefighters were initially dispatched on October 21, at 3:21 p.m. after another tenant discovered an alarm sounding with possible sprinkler activation within victims unit.
Upon entry into the apartment, firefighters from Singerly Fire Company discovered a fire had been extinguished by sprinklers and later located the victim, where he was rescued and CPR was initiated.
Cecil County Paramedics later pronounced the victim deceased.
Investigators determined residential sprinklers contained and extinguished the fire after the combination of smoking materials and home medical oxygen ignited .
Both the residential fire sprinklers and smoke alarms operated accordingly and as designed.
Citizens are urged to never use candles, matches or lighters if medical oxygen therapy is used in the home.