MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

FIRST ON FOX | Baltimore family 'blessed' to escape New Year's house fire

FIRST ON FOX | Baltimore family 'blessed' to escape New Year's house fire

BALTIMORE (WBFF) - A Baltimore family faces a sad start to the new year after a fire breaks out in a neighboring rowhome.

Sierra Latimer lives in the 2000 block of Monroe Street. Early New Year’s Day, Latimer woke up to the smell of smoke.

She said: “My first instinct was to go upstairs and get everyone out.”

Latimer’s two children were asleep upstairs. Her husband was in the shower. The family escaped with the clothes on their back. The two boys didn’t even have shoes when they ran from their home.

Neighbors came to their rescue offering the family shoes, socks, coats and food.

Beyond flames, Baltimore firefighters faced slick spots on frozen sidewalks and streets.

The family feared their pet cat may have died in the fire, but that didn’t happen because of the actions of firefighters.

It’s suspected the fire started next door in a possibly-vacant property where people were living illegally.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending