Cabin ruled "a complete loss" after fire in Rising Sun
The cabin's resident was reportedly asleep upstairs in a loft area when he awoke to the smell of smoke. He then saw smoke filling the cabin and fire extending from the roof area.
The firefighters and investigators from Rising Sun, North East and Oxford, Pennsylvania firefighters responded at at 12:27 p.m., but they could only access the property by crossing into Pennsylvania and walking back across the state line because of washed out bridges.
The cabin along with all of its contents was $10,000, a total loss. Red Cross is helping the resident. The fire took 45 minutes to control. It was accidental and it was caused by a wood stove igniting the attic/roof.