MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Woman burned after office computer explodes in Queen Anne's County

A 58-year-old woman suffered "superficial burns to her face and upper body" after a lithium battery in a computer exploded and caught fire at a Centreville office building Wednesday morning.

CENTREVILLE, Md. (WBFF) - A 58-year-old woman suffered "superficial burns to her face and upper body" after a lithium battery in a computer exploded and caught fire at a Centreville office building Wednesday morning, reported the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

The incident occurred at 10:23 a.m. at Bridges Behavioral Health & Wellness, which is in a professional building on North Liberty Street in Centreville, according to the notice of investigation.

The woman was flown by Maryland State Police helicopter to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center for treatment.

The fire was caused accidentally, and it was extinguished by an employee before members of the Goodwill Volunteer Fire Company arrived.

Eight firefighters responded to the incident, which also caused $1,500 in damages.


Trending