- Ravens Make Cuts
- Renfree sharp as Falcons hold off Ravens' comeback, 20-19
- Tom Brady not in uniform for Patriots game
- NFL To Appeal Judges Ruling On Brady's Appeal
- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate'
- Redskins GM's wife apologizes for tweet about reporter
- O'S SNAP LOSING STREAK.
- Hills Ready To Lead Maryland
- 2131 20th Anniversary Celebration at Camden Yards
- Machado gets first start at shortstop
- Ravens cut eight players
- Holland Ks 11 for Texas in 6-0 win over O's for 3-game sweep
- Tokyo wins Little League title, beating Lewisberry 19-11
- Ravens DL Brandon Williams 1-on-1
- With RG3 out, Redskins use 2 QBs to beat Ravens 31-13
- Falcons announce 5-year contract extension for Julio Jones
- Redskins' Trent Williams tweets he's agreed to new contract
- Hamels strikes out 10, Rangers beat Orioles
- Redskins say QB Griffin to miss Ravens game
- LSU's Cameron treated for cancer, continuing job
- Beckman denies Illinois probe's findings, hints at lawsuit
- Jones leaves game, O's fail to split
- BIRDS BOUNCE BACK
- Next Man Up
- O's blow lead, lose 5th straight
- Patriots sign Reggie Wayne
- Yankees starter possibly done for year
- Orioles make four roster moved ahead of season opener
- Taliaferro Sprains MCL
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees
- Tiger back at the top
- Skins QB Griffin leaves with stinger, possible head injury
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets
- Ravens End First Practice in Philly
- 'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy
- Orioles use 26-hit attack to beat Athletics 18-2
- Davis Crushes Again, O's Walkoff Winners
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning
- Storm suspends 2nd-round play at PGA
- University of Maryland assistant resigns after allegation
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27
- Ravens Lead Saints at Halftime, 20-14
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has no-hitter through 8 innings
- Baltimore Ravens face New Orleans Saints in preseason opener
- NFL reviewing Jets' locker room punch of quarterback Smith
- Talks continue after 'Deflategate' hearing
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics
- Under Armour to sponsor NBA's draft combine
- Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. to retire at end of 2015 season
Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice Answers Questions, Apologizes for Domestic Violence Incident
Updated: Thursday, July 31 2014, 04:49 PM EDT
Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice held a press conference Thursday afternoon and - for the first time - answered questions from the media about the incident that left him with an assault charge.
Rice started out by saying, "My actions that night were totally inexcusable...that night I just play over and over in my head. That's not me."
He added, "Last time I didn't publicly apologize to my wife...the one thing I wanted to do today is apologize to my wife."
The running back stressed that his apology also went out to "anybody who's been through any sort of domestic violence...Violence of any kind...is just not right...shouldn't be tolerated."
Last week the NFL announced it would suspend Ray Rice for the first two games of the season without pay and fine him $58,000. NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell said Rice violated the league's personal conduct policy for his February arrest when he and his then-fiance Janay Palmer were arrested for fighting in Atlantic City.
At Thursday's press conference Rice said the NFL punishment hurts "but it hurts more that I'm a father and have to explain what happened to my daughter."
Video obtained by TMZ sports showed the Ravens star dragging Janay, motionless, out of an elevator at the Revel Casino. Rice and Palmer were married one day after Rice was indicted by a grand jury on third-degree aggravated assault.
On Thursday Rice would not give any details on what happened inside the elevator on the night in question, saying he "will not go backwards."
In May Rice entered a not-guilty plea. He was accepted into the Pre-Trial intervention program; if he successfully completes the program it would result in the charge against him being dropped and his record expunged.
After the suspension was announced Thursday Rice said, "It is disappointing that I will not be with my teammates for the first two games of the season, but that's my fault...As I said earlier, I failed in many ways. But Janay and I have learned from this. We have become better as a couple and as parents."