- Lloyd scores 3 and US defeats Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- USA Up 4-0 On Japan Just 16 Minutes In
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox
- Orioles activate second baseman Jonathan Schoop
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base
- Bud Norris Demoted To O's Bullpen
- Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee'
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- D.J. Stewart Makes Professional Debut
- Chargers Tight End Antonio Gates Suspended 4 Games
- Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- O's DFA Young; Recall Wilson
- D.J. Stewart to Debut Thursday
- Navy Football No Longer Independent
- Former Raven Damion Cook dies of heart attack
- AP source: Phillies hire MacPhail as team president
- Orioles hit 3 HRs and beat Indians 8-0 for sweep
- LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent
- Jimenez sharp for 8 innings as Orioles beat Indians 4-0
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals
- Scherzer working on 2nd straight no-hitter, perfect thru 5
- Ryne Sandberg resigns as Philadelphia Phillies manager
- Mayweather-Pacquiao boosts casino winnings above $1 billion
- T'Wolves Select Karl-Anthony Towns With First Pick
- Orioles Win Another Series
- O's Gonzalez Reinstated From Disabled List
- Virginia wins 1st CWS title in 4-2 win over Vanderbilt
- Japan Beats the Netherlands to Reach World Cup Quarterfinal
- Scherzer Loses Perfect Game in 9th, No Hits Pirates
- O's Score 3 in the 9th, Even Series
- O's Almost No-Hit, Rally Falls Short
- A-Rod Homers for 3,000th Hit
- Jason Day Collapses During U.S. Open
- The "Big 33" Football Classic
- Phillies End 9-Game Slide, Beat O's
- Ravens to stay on West Coast after facing Broncos, 49ers
- Ravens Offensive Line Stays The Same
- Obama phones coaches of Warriors, Blackhawks with congrats
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals
- Chen Tosses 8 Scoreless in Win
- Hornets Trade Stephenson to Clippers
- Eight Royals Could Start in All-Star Game
- Report: Nuggets Hire Mike Malone
- Padres Fire Bud Black
- Bad 5th Inning Snaps O's Win Streak
- A-Rod Enters Rare 2,000 RBI Club
- Machado HR, 4 RBIs carry Orioles to 9-4 win over Yankees
Chen leads Orioles past Mariners 2-1
Updated: Friday, August 1 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
BALTIMORE -- Wei-Yin Chen won his fifth consecutive start and had a season-high eight strikeouts to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 2-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Friday night.
Chen (12-3) allowed one run and five hits with one walk over 7 1/3 innings. Andrew Miller, acquired from Boston on Thursday, pitched a scoreless eighth in his debut for the Orioles (61-47). Left-hander Zach Britton picked up his 22nd save.
Robinson Cano had two hits for the Mariners and is 115 for 317 (.363) lifetime at Camden Yards.
Mariners left-hander Roenis Elias (8-9) allowed two runs and seven hits with seven strikeouts and one walk over 5 2/3 innings. It was his longest outing since June 28 against Cleveland.
The Orioles took a 1-0 lead on Machado's single in the third. The Mariners answered the next inning on a double by Kendrys Morales that scored Cano when Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph could not hold onto a relay throw by J.J. Hardy. That snapped a streak of 11 consecutive scoreless innings by Chen against Seattle.
In the sixth, Machado led off with a double and Hardy drove him in with a two-out single for a 2-1 lead.
Seattle fell to 5-37 when trailing after seven innings.