- Ravens' Harbaugh concerned about injury to safety Matt Elam
- Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore 1-on-1 with Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Waiting on Elam's MRI Results
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1
- Rousey crushes Correia to defend her title at UFC 190
- Joseph, Machado HRs help Orioles defeat Tigers 6-2
- Ravens Add Pads In Third Day Of Training Camp
- Parra Makes His O's Debut
- Jones, Machado HRs rally Orioles past Tigers 8-7
- O's Trade Tommy Hunter to Cubs
- Orioles agree to get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer
- O's Winning Streak Halted Despite Rally
- 'Cheaters look up' banner flown above Patriots training camp
- Day One Of Ravens Training Camp
- Ravens Vets Report
- Belichick says Brady suspension won't alter camp
- Tom Brady on NFL's decision to uphold suspension: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- O's Snap Losing Streak
- USMNT Loses Third-Place Game
- Kershaw Continues Historic Stretch
- O's Swept in New York
- Zach Johnson Wins The Open Championship in Playoff
- Dempsey's 3 goals lift US over Cuba 6-0, into Gold Cup semis
- Weather Gets the Britiish Open Again
- Martinez hits 26th homer, Tigers beat Orioles 7-3
- Watson crosses Swilcan Bridge for final time
- Dustin Johnson still in control at St. Andrews
- Johnson Leads the Open Championship
- Banowsky stepping down was C-USA commissioner after 13 years
- Coppin State's Epps to Pan-Am Games
- Orioles LHP Wesley Wright designated for assignment
- All-Star Starting Pitchers Announced
- Maryland's Trimble Named to U.S. Pan Am Team
- Scherzer allows 4 hits as Nationals beat Orioles 3-2
- Djkokovic beats Federer in 4 sets for 3rd Wimbledon title
- Harper, Espinosa HRs carry Nationals over Orioles 7-4
- Williams wins Wimbledon to secure another Serena Slam
- Schoop's 9th-inning HR carries Orioles past Nationals 3-2
- Cowboys' Hardy gets suspension reduced from 10 games to 4
- NYC celebrates Women's World Cup winners with parade
- Goodell says Tom Brady appeal decision soon
- Former Raider QB Kenny Stabler Passes Away
- Williams beats Sharapova in 2 sets to reach Wimbledon final
- DJ Stewart Settling In with Ironbirds
- Rory McIlroy pulls out of British Open
- Four Orioles Selected to All-Star Game
- Lloyd scores 3 and US defeats Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- USA Up 4-0 On Japan Just 16 Minutes In
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox
Coppin State men’s basketball to begin 2014-15 season at Oregon
Updated: Wednesday, July 16 2014, 07:59 PM EDT
BALTIMORE – The Michael Grant era will begin at the University of Oregon on Friday, November 14 when he leads the Coppin State men’s basketball program into Matthew Knight Arena for its 2014-15 season opening contest.
The game time has not been announced yet.
This will be the Eagles’ second trip in as many years to the state of Oregon. Coppin State defeated Oregon State, 78-73, last year. The opener against Oregon will also be the second straight season, the Eagles will start against a Pac-12 opponent.
The Eagles will be different when they hit the floor to begin the season. Coppin State hired Grant from Division II Stillman College. Coppin State, which won 12 games last season and advanced to the MEAC semifinals has 11 players returning.
Senior guard Taariq Cephas, senior forward Dallas Gary, senior guard Daquan Brickhouse, senior forward Arnold Fripp, senior forward Brandon St. Louis, and junior guard Sterling Smith are among the top returning players for the Eagles this season. Cephas, who averaged 9.4 points per game, finished third in the MEAC in assists per game (4.1). Smith is the Eagles leading returning scorer (10.9 ppg.). He also led the Eagles with 60 3-pointers.
Meanwhile, Oregon enjoyed a strong 2013-14 season, posting an overall record of 24-10 which included a 10-8 mark in league play. The Ducks advanced to the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive year, which was the fourth time in Oregon men’s basketball history that occurred. The Ducks defeated BYU in the second round before falling to Wisconsin in the third round.
Oregon will be led by senior Joseph Young, who averaged 18 points per game last season. The Ducks led the Pac-12 in scoring with 81.9 points per game in 2013-14. Oregon was ninth in the conference in scoring defense. Other key returnees for the Ducks include seniors Elgin Cook and Jalil Abdul-Bassit.
Overall, Coppin State’s 13-game non-conference schedule features opponents from the Pac 12, Big 10, American, ACC, CAA, MAC, and OVC.
The remainder of the schedule along with a huge road date against one of men’s basketball’s elite programs will be released at a later date.