- Joseph, Machado HRs help Orioles defeat Tigers 6-2
- Ravens Add Pads In Third Day Of Training Camp
- Parra Makes His O's Debut
- Jones, Machado HRs rally Orioles past Tigers 8-7
- O's Trade Tommy Hunter to Cubs
- Orioles agree to get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer
- O's Winning Streak Halted Despite Rally
- 'Cheaters look up' banner flown above Patriots training camp
- Day One Of Ravens Training Camp
- Ravens Vets Report
- Belichick says Brady suspension won't alter camp
- Tom Brady on NFL's decision to uphold suspension: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- O's Snap Losing Streak
- USMNT Loses Third-Place Game
- Kershaw Continues Historic Stretch
- O's Swept in New York
- Zach Johnson Wins The Open Championship in Playoff
- Dempsey's 3 goals lift US over Cuba 6-0, into Gold Cup semis
- Weather Gets the Britiish Open Again
- Martinez hits 26th homer, Tigers beat Orioles 7-3
- Watson crosses Swilcan Bridge for final time
- Dustin Johnson still in control at St. Andrews
- Johnson Leads the Open Championship
- Banowsky stepping down was C-USA commissioner after 13 years
- Coppin State's Epps to Pan-Am Games
- Orioles LHP Wesley Wright designated for assignment
- All-Star Starting Pitchers Announced
- Maryland's Trimble Named to U.S. Pan Am Team
- Scherzer allows 4 hits as Nationals beat Orioles 3-2
- Djkokovic beats Federer in 4 sets for 3rd Wimbledon title
- Harper, Espinosa HRs carry Nationals over Orioles 7-4
- Williams wins Wimbledon to secure another Serena Slam
- Schoop's 9th-inning HR carries Orioles past Nationals 3-2
- Cowboys' Hardy gets suspension reduced from 10 games to 4
- NYC celebrates Women's World Cup winners with parade
- Goodell says Tom Brady appeal decision soon
- Former Raider QB Kenny Stabler Passes Away
- Williams beats Sharapova in 2 sets to reach Wimbledon final
- DJ Stewart Settling In with Ironbirds
- Rory McIlroy pulls out of British Open
- Four Orioles Selected to All-Star Game
- Lloyd scores 3 and US defeats Japan 5-2 for World Cup title
- USA Up 4-0 On Japan Just 16 Minutes In
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox
- Orioles activate second baseman Jonathan Schoop
- Boston's David Ortiz starting at 1st base
- Bud Norris Demoted To O's Bullpen
- Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
FIFA Bans Suarez for 4 Months for Biting Opponent
Updated: Thursday, June 26 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) - FIFA has banned Uruguay striker Luis Suarez from all football activities for four months for biting an opponent at the World Cup, ruling him out of the rest of the tournament and the start of the upcoming Premier League season.
The ban also covers Uruguay's next nine international games, which goes beyond the next four months and rules him out of next year's Copa America. FIFA also fined the Liverpool striker 100,000 Swiss francs ($112,000).
The ban is effective immediately, meaning Suarez will miss Uruguay's round-of-16 game against Colombia on Saturday.
Suarez bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay's 1-0 win in the group stage.
Claudio Sulser, chairman of the FIFA disciplinary committee, says "such behavior cannot be tolerated on any football pitch and particularly at the World Cup."
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.