- Tom Brady Releases Statement on Facebook Page
- Davis Hits 2 HRs, Orioles Beat Jays 10-2
- Davis Homers Twice Again, Passes Cruz for ML Lead
- Ravens Make Cuts
- Renfree sharp as Falcons hold off Ravens' comeback, 20-19
- Tom Brady not in uniform for Patriots game
- NFL To Appeal Judges Ruling On Brady's Appeal
- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate'
- Redskins GM's wife apologizes for tweet about reporter
- O'S SNAP LOSING STREAK.
- Hills Ready To Lead Maryland
- 2131 20th Anniversary Celebration at Camden Yards
- Machado gets first start at shortstop
- Ravens cut eight players
- Holland Ks 11 for Texas in 6-0 win over O's for 3-game sweep
- Tokyo wins Little League title, beating Lewisberry 19-11
- Ravens DL Brandon Williams 1-on-1
- With RG3 out, Redskins use 2 QBs to beat Ravens 31-13
- Falcons announce 5-year contract extension for Julio Jones
- Redskins' Trent Williams tweets he's agreed to new contract
- Hamels strikes out 10, Rangers beat Orioles
- Redskins say QB Griffin to miss Ravens game
- LSU's Cameron treated for cancer, continuing job
- Beckman denies Illinois probe's findings, hints at lawsuit
- Jones leaves game, O's fail to split
- BIRDS BOUNCE BACK
- Next Man Up
- O's blow lead, lose 5th straight
- Patriots sign Reggie Wayne
- Yankees starter possibly done for year
- Orioles make four roster moved ahead of season opener
- Taliaferro Sprains MCL
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees
- Tiger back at the top
- Skins QB Griffin leaves with stinger, possible head injury
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets
- Ravens End First Practice in Philly
- 'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy
- Orioles use 26-hit attack to beat Athletics 18-2
- Davis Crushes Again, O's Walkoff Winners
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning
- Storm suspends 2nd-round play at PGA
- University of Maryland assistant resigns after allegation
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27
- Ravens Lead Saints at Halftime, 20-14
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has no-hitter through 8 innings
- Baltimore Ravens face New Orleans Saints in preseason opener
- NFL reviewing Jets' locker room punch of quarterback Smith
- Talks continue after 'Deflategate' hearing
Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn Dies, Aged 54
Updated: Monday, June 16 2014, 01:28 PM EDT
Tony Gwynn, Hall of Famer and Padres icon, passed away on Monday at the age of 54.
His death was announced by MLB on Twitter.
"A star baseball and basketball player in college, Tony Gwynn opted for the diamond and fashioned a stellar 20-year career with the San Diego Padres," Gwynn's bio in the Baseball Hall of Fame states. "Gwynn's mastery of slapping the ball between the third baseman and shortstop, what the lefty called the "5.5 hole," propelled him to 3,141 career hits, a lifetime .338 batting average and eight batting crowns, an NL record he shares with Honus Wagner. A true student of hitting, Gwynn was an early advocate of using videotape to study his swing, while his five outfield Gold Glove Awards, 319 career stolen bases and 15 All-Star Game selections attest to his superior all-around play."
Cal Ripken Jr. released a statement on the passing of Gwynn. Ripken and Gwynn were inducted into the Hall of Fame the same year.
"This is an extraordinarily sad day," Ripken said. "Tony was a Hall of Fame ballplayer but more importantly he was a wonderful man. Tony always had a big smile on his face and was one of the warmest and most genuine people I have ever had the honor of knowing. Like all baseball fans I will miss him very much and my thoughts are with his family today."
CLICK HERE to watch Gwynn's Hall of Fame acceptance speech.