- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee'
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- D.J. Stewart Makes Professional Debut
- Chargers Tight End Antonio Gates Suspended 4 Games
- Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- O's DFA Young; Recall Wilson
- D.J. Stewart to Debut Thursday
- Navy Football No Longer Independent
- Former Raven Damion Cook dies of heart attack
- AP source: Phillies hire MacPhail as team president
- Orioles hit 3 HRs and beat Indians 8-0 for sweep
- LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent
- Jimenez sharp for 8 innings as Orioles beat Indians 4-0
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals
- Scherzer working on 2nd straight no-hitter, perfect thru 5
- Ryne Sandberg resigns as Philadelphia Phillies manager
- Mayweather-Pacquiao boosts casino winnings above $1 billion
- T'Wolves Select Karl-Anthony Towns With First Pick
- Orioles Win Another Series
- O's Gonzalez Reinstated From Disabled List
- Virginia wins 1st CWS title in 4-2 win over Vanderbilt
- Japan Beats the Netherlands to Reach World Cup Quarterfinal
- Scherzer Loses Perfect Game in 9th, No Hits Pirates
- O's Score 3 in the 9th, Even Series
- O's Almost No-Hit, Rally Falls Short
- A-Rod Homers for 3,000th Hit
- Jason Day Collapses During U.S. Open
- The "Big 33" Football Classic
- Phillies End 9-Game Slide, Beat O's
- Ravens to stay on West Coast after facing Broncos, 49ers
- Ravens Offensive Line Stays The Same
- Obama phones coaches of Warriors, Blackhawks with congrats
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals
- Chen Tosses 8 Scoreless in Win
- Hornets Trade Stephenson to Clippers
- Eight Royals Could Start in All-Star Game
- Report: Nuggets Hire Mike Malone
- Padres Fire Bud Black
- Bad 5th Inning Snaps O's Win Streak
- A-Rod Enters Rare 2,000 RBI Club
- Machado HR, 4 RBIs carry Orioles to 9-4 win over Yankees
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah takes parade lap
- Orioles Release Cabrera
- Orioles beat Yankees 11-3 for 5th straight win
- USA 0-0 Draw with Sweden
- Fan hit by broken bat at Fenway released from hospital
- O's Earn First Sweep
- Miguel Gonzalez Placed on D.L.
Machado, Cruz hit HRs as Orioles beat Indians 4-2
Updated: Sunday, May 25 2014, 08:44 PM EDT
BALTIMORE -- Manny Machado and Nelson Cruz homered, Steve Pearce had three hits and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Cleveland Indians 4-2 Sunday for a split of the four-game series.
Zach Britton, the third Orioles reliever, worked a perfect ninth to earn his second save and complete the five-hitter.
Back in the lineup after missing two days with a right groin strain, Machado hit an opposite-field drive to right against Trevor Bauer (1-2) to put Baltimore ahead 3-2 in the fifth.
One out later, Cruz hit his major-league leading 16th home run on a 3-2 pitch.
Pearce was playing first base for Chris Davis, who was placed on paternity leave before the game. Pearce matched his career high for hits in a game, scored Baltimore's first run and also had an RBI.
Cleveland did all its scoring in the first inning and absorbed only its second loss in seven games.
Bauer allowed four runs and six hits in 4 1/3 innings, the second-shortest of his 11 career starts. The right-hander struck out eight, including Nick Markakis and J.J. Hardy twice each.
The Indians used two hits and a walk to load the bases with no outs in the first before Lonnie Chisenhall and Nick Swisher delivered run-scoring flyballs. It was the second sacrifice fly in 241 career games for Chisenhall and Swisher's fourth this season.
Baltimore got a run in the second when Pearce singled, stole second and scored on a bloop single by Jonathan Schoop.
In the third, Pearce hit an RBI single after Cruz doubled with two outs.