- Morgan State powers past Delaware State 69-7
- Maryland rallies for 23-16 win over Michigan
- Tigers Close Season with 13-7 Loss at Rhode Island
- Ravens Ready For National Stage in New Orleans-Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Return From Week 11 Bye-Morgan Adsit
- Vikings Running Back Suspended
- Smith’s Preseason Keys Come Through In MBB Win Over Cornell
- Evans' 209 yards lead Bucs past Redskins 27-7
- Reynolds runs over Georgia Southern 52-19
- Tigers Drop Home Finale To William & Mary
- Maryland beats Wagner 82-48
- Penn State beats cold Morgan State 61-48
- Towson's Season Will End In Two Games-Morgan Adsit
- AFC North is League's Best Overall Since 1935
- Buck Showalter Named AL Manager of the Year
- Duquette Voted TSN's MLB Executive of Year
- Ravens WR Torrey Smith Visits Students at Northeast Middle School
- Ravens Pull Away to 21-7 Win Over Titans
- Robertson with 4 TDs, Villanova downs Towson 42-14
- Gamble with Michael Oher and Rick Wagner pays off-Morgan Adsit
- Harbaugh Makes Changes To Secondary-Morgan Adsit
- Brady outduels Manning, Patriots romp 43-21
- Player with brain tumor fulfills basketball dream
- Craddock kicks Maryland past Penn State 20-19
- A Christmas Morning Surprise for Football Player on Halloween
- Ravens Head to Hostile Steelers Environment-Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Head to Pittsburgh For Week 9-Morgan Adsit
- Investigator Accuses NFL of Being Uncooperative in Rice Investigation
- Who Do You Play For? BCFD Hockey Profile-Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Set for Week 8 in Cincinnati
- Ray Rice Appeal Hearing Set for November 5 & 6
- ALCS Game 3 Postponed in Kansas City
- Orioles Fans Sell Out ALCS Game 2
- Orioles Fans Recall Game One of the 1996 American League Championship Series
- Former Orioles Ripken, Anderson, and Bordick Discuss ALCS in Presser
- 'Underdogs' Compete for American
Machado, Cruz hit HRs as Orioles beat Indians 4-2
Updated: Sunday, May 25 2014, 08:44 PM EDT
BALTIMORE -- Manny Machado and Nelson Cruz homered, Steve Pearce had three hits and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Cleveland Indians 4-2 Sunday for a split of the four-game series.
Zach Britton, the third Orioles reliever, worked a perfect ninth to earn his second save and complete the five-hitter.
Back in the lineup after missing two days with a right groin strain, Machado hit an opposite-field drive to right against Trevor Bauer (1-2) to put Baltimore ahead 3-2 in the fifth.
One out later, Cruz hit his major-league leading 16th home run on a 3-2 pitch.
Pearce was playing first base for Chris Davis, who was placed on paternity leave before the game. Pearce matched his career high for hits in a game, scored Baltimore's first run and also had an RBI.
Cleveland did all its scoring in the first inning and absorbed only its second loss in seven games.
Bauer allowed four runs and six hits in 4 1/3 innings, the second-shortest of his 11 career starts. The right-hander struck out eight, including Nick Markakis and J.J. Hardy twice each.
The Indians used two hits and a walk to load the bases with no outs in the first before Lonnie Chisenhall and Nick Swisher delivered run-scoring flyballs. It was the second sacrifice fly in 241 career games for Chisenhall and Swisher's fourth this season.
Baltimore got a run in the second when Pearce singled, stole second and scored on a bloop single by Jonathan Schoop.
In the third, Pearce hit an RBI single after Cruz doubled with two outs.