- Jones leaves game, O's fail to split
- BIRDS BOUNCE BACK
- Next Man Up
- O's blow lead, lose 5th straight
- Patriots sign Reggie Wayne
- Yankees starter possibly done for year
- Orioles make four roster moved ahead of season opener
- Taliaferro Sprains MCL
- Eagles, NFL disagree over hit on Sam Bradford's knees
- Tiger back at the top
- Skins QB Griffin leaves with stinger, possible head injury
- Urrutia HR in 9th inning gives Orioles 5-4 win over Mets
- Ravens End First Practice in Philly
- 'Deflategate' judge says Brady suspension in jeopardy
- Orioles use 26-hit attack to beat Athletics 18-2
- Davis Crushes Again, O's Walkoff Winners
- Manager Farrell visits team Saturday morning
- Storm suspends 2nd-round play at PGA
- University of Maryland assistant resigns after allegation
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27
- Ravens Lead Saints at Halftime, 20-14
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Seattle's Hisashi Iwakuma has no-hitter through 8 innings
- Baltimore Ravens face New Orleans Saints in preseason opener
- NFL reviewing Jets' locker room punch of quarterback Smith
- Talks continue after 'Deflategate' hearing
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics
- Under Armour to sponsor NBA's draft combine
- Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. to retire at end of 2015 season
- Murphy drives in 4 runs in Angels' 5-4 win over O's in 11
- Frank Gifford Dies
- Urban Out with Torn Biceps for the Ravens
- Joint practice ends after Redskins, Texans start brawling
- Orioles Recall Lake; DFA Snider
- South Dakota tribe returning $25,000 donation from Redskins
- Webb Tells Teams to 'Bring It'
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel: 'Football is my life'
- Harbaugh: 'We knew nothing about deflated footballs'
- Ravens safety Matt Elam out for season with biceps tear
- Ravens' Harbaugh concerned about injury to safety Matt Elam
- Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore 1-on-1 with Morgan Adsit
- Ravens Waiting on Elam's MRI Results
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1
- Rousey crushes Correia to defend her title at UFC 190
- Joseph, Machado HRs help Orioles defeat Tigers 6-2
- Ravens Add Pads In Third Day Of Training Camp
- Parra Makes His O's Debut
- Jones, Machado HRs rally Orioles past Tigers 8-7
- O's Trade Tommy Hunter to Cubs
- Orioles agree to get Parra from Brewers for minor leaguer
Orioles Recall Reliever Brad Brach From Triple-A
Updated: Saturday, June 21 2014, 03:31 PM EDT
The Baltimore Orioles have recalled right-handed reliever Brad Brach from Triple-A Norfolk.
The move was made before Saturday's game against the New York Yankees. Brach takes the roster spot of rookie starter Kevin Gausman, optioned to Norfolk in a procedural move after Friday night's game.
Gausman, the fourth overall pick in the 2012 draft out of LSU, is 3-1 with a 2.74 ERA in four outings. Orioles manager Buck Showalter says the plan is for the right-hander to be recalled to start a game in Friday's doubleheader against Tampa Bay and then go back into the rotation.
Because he can be added as the 26th man on the roster for the twinbill, Gausman won't be required to stay in the minors for 10 days before coming back. So the Orioles took the opportunity to add a fresh arm to their bullpen in the meantime.
Brach had a 5.40 ERA in 10 appearances covering 18 1-3 innings with Baltimore earlier this season.