- Bud Norris Demoted To O's Bullpen
- Matt Stonie beats Joey Chestnut to win Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Danks, Abreu lead White Sox over Orioles 1-0
- Bubba Watson to remove Confederate flag from 'General Lee'
- Rangers score 2 in 9th to beat Orioles 2-0
- D.J. Stewart Makes Professional Debut
- Chargers Tight End Antonio Gates Suspended 4 Games
- Cowboys' McClain suspended 1st 4 games of regular season
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
- O's DFA Young; Recall Wilson
- D.J. Stewart to Debut Thursday
- Navy Football No Longer Independent
- Former Raven Damion Cook dies of heart attack
- AP source: Phillies hire MacPhail as team president
- Orioles hit 3 HRs and beat Indians 8-0 for sweep
- LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent
- Jimenez sharp for 8 innings as Orioles beat Indians 4-0
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals
- Scherzer working on 2nd straight no-hitter, perfect thru 5
- Ryne Sandberg resigns as Philadelphia Phillies manager
- Mayweather-Pacquiao boosts casino winnings above $1 billion
- T'Wolves Select Karl-Anthony Towns With First Pick
- Orioles Win Another Series
- O's Gonzalez Reinstated From Disabled List
- Virginia wins 1st CWS title in 4-2 win over Vanderbilt
- Japan Beats the Netherlands to Reach World Cup Quarterfinal
- Scherzer Loses Perfect Game in 9th, No Hits Pirates
- O's Score 3 in the 9th, Even Series
- O's Almost No-Hit, Rally Falls Short
- A-Rod Homers for 3,000th Hit
- Jason Day Collapses During U.S. Open
- The "Big 33" Football Classic
- Phillies End 9-Game Slide, Beat O's
- Ravens to stay on West Coast after facing Broncos, 49ers
- Ravens Offensive Line Stays The Same
- Obama phones coaches of Warriors, Blackhawks with congrats
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals
- Chen Tosses 8 Scoreless in Win
- Hornets Trade Stephenson to Clippers
- Eight Royals Could Start in All-Star Game
- Report: Nuggets Hire Mike Malone
- Padres Fire Bud Black
- Bad 5th Inning Snaps O's Win Streak
- A-Rod Enters Rare 2,000 RBI Club
- Machado HR, 4 RBIs carry Orioles to 9-4 win over Yankees
- Triple Crown winner American Pharoah takes parade lap
- Orioles Release Cabrera
- Orioles beat Yankees 11-3 for 5th straight win
- USA 0-0 Draw with Sweden
- Fan hit by broken bat at Fenway released from hospital
US Says Jozy Altidore Available to Play vs Belgium
Updated: Tuesday, July 1 2014, 12:24 PM EDT
SALVADOR, Brazil (AP) - Jozy Altidore is available to play for the United States in Tuesday's World Cup second-round game against Belgium, but it does not appear the forward is ready to return to the starting lineup.
Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans' opener against Ghana on June 16 and didn't play in their next two games.
"We don't know how much because we need to see how he's going, but he's available," U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Monday. "How many minutes? We will see that during the game."
Altidore had been working out on his own, jogging around the field at the Americans' training camp at Sao Paulo Futebol Clube. Klinsmann said he has to determine "how much work is in his legs."
Aron Johannsson replaced Altidore at forward for the remainder of the game against Ghana. But Klinsmann switched from a 4-4-2 formation to a 4-5-1 against Portugal and Germany with a fifth midfielder instead of a second forward.
Altidore has 23 goals in 71 international appearances and is the top forward on the American roster.
"Just having him with us tomorrow is huge," Klinsmann said.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.