Pay it Forward Contest Rules Here
FOX45 Pay It Forward Contest Official Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maryland residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WBFF/WNUV viewing area. Nominees must be an individual or family residing in the WBFF viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WBFF (the "Station"), WNUV, WUTB, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, their subsidiary and affiliate companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per person, however, more than one nomination may be received for the same nominee from different entrants.
(b) To enter, log on to www.foxbaltimore.com to complete the online entry form with your name, email and phone number, along with the nominee's name, address, phone number, and briefly describe, in 250 words or less, the nominee's story on how they "Pay it Forward" and why they should receive the prize. By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant is eligible to win a prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on October 27, 2014 and ends on June15, 2015. Entries must be received by 3:00 p.m. ET on November 17, December 15 (2014), January 19, February 16, March 16, April 20, May 18, and June 15 (2015) to be considered for the judging. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) All entries received by each of the respective due dates set forth in subparagraph (c) above will be judged by a panel of two (2) judges comprised of Station personnel based on need (40%), impact (40%), and newsworthiness (20%). On each of the dates set forth in subparagraph (c) above, one (1) nominee winner will be determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion based on the criterion set forth above, for a total of eight (8) winners. The decisions of the judges shall be final. Remaining valid entries/nominees will carry over to the next judging. The Station reserves the right to not select a winner in the event sufficient entries are not received by each of the respective due dates set forth in subparagraph (c) above, in the Station's sole and absolute discretion.
(e) As a condition of winning, the entrant and/or winning nominee must appear on a news segment which may air on the Station's news programs.
(f) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Eight (8) winners will each receive five hundred dollars ($500) in cash, from Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and will be featured during a news segment which will air on FOX45 at 5:00 PM every other Tuesday and 8:00 AM hour every other Thursday. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Station reserves the right to not air any "Pay It Forward" news segment.
2. The winners will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must agree to be videotaped and sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by the Station on the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the judges may in their sole and absolute discretion determine an alternate winner as the nominee with the next highest score. The judges reserve the right to not determine an alternate winner, and in such case, the prize will remain the property of the Station and may be given away at a later time.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WBFF 2000 West 41st Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 and on the Station's website at www.FOXbaltimore.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to ATTN: Pay It Forward, WBFF 2000 West 41st Street Baltimore, MD 21211 by January 31, 2014.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Cancer Treatment Centers of America accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.