Mail Completed Forms to:
ATTN: Kid Correspondent/WBFF FOX45
2000 West 41 Street
Baltimore MD 21211
NOTICE: ON OCTOBER 30, 2017, THESE CONTEST RULES WERE CHANGED TO EXPAND THE CONTEST AREA BY ADDING MONTGOMERY COUNTY AND PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY.
Chick-fil-A Kid Correspondents with FOX 45
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
ENTER BY MAIL
Contest: Chick-fil-A Kid Correspondents with FOX 45
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WBFF
Station Address: WBFF, 2000 West 41 Street Baltimore MD 21211
Contest Area: Maryland counties: Carroll County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Howard County, Harford County, Anne Arundel County, Cecil County, Queen Anne's County, Talbot County, Caroline County, Montgomery County, and Prince George’s County
Prize Provider(s): Chick-fil-A and WBFF
Age of Eligibility: Six (6) to fourteen (14) years of age as of entry date.
Contest Period: October 16, 2017 to November 10, 2017.
Entries Due: 5:00 p.m. EST on November 10, 2017.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
Drawing Date(s): November 13, 2017
Number of Finalists on Each Drawing Date: Forty (40)
Total Number of Finalists: Forty (40)
Judging Criteria: 50% communication skills (clear speech, expression and proper English, reading ability), 25% poise, and 25% personality (engaging, enthusiasm).
Total Number of Grand Prize Winners: Three (3)
Prize(s) and Value(s):
Finalist prize: Luncheon for the Finalist and one (1) parent/guardian catered by Chick-fil-A in the Fox45 studio on December 2, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. ($15.00); a gift bag provided by Sponsors ($75.00); a meet & greet with selected Station news anchors, producers, and staff; a tour of the Station; a framed picture of the finalist behind the news anchor desk ($5.00); and an audition opportunity, as further described in How to Win below.
Grand Prize: Each winner will have the opportunity to appear in a fifteen second (:15) Kid Correspondent Public Service Announcement that is relevant to local Baltimore Area families, and will receive 52 Chick Fil A chicken sandwich vouchers ($156.00 value).
Station’s Website: foxbaltimore.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://foxbaltimore.com/station/privacy
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of being a Finalist depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, stop by any Participating Sponsor Location listed below and pick up an entry form or download the entry form from foxbaltimore.com. Fill it out by hand and mail the entry form to the Station at the Station’s address listed above. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
1. On the Drawing Date, one (1) Finalist for each of the forty (40) Participating Sponsor Locations will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received from each location. In the event no entries are received for a Participating Sponsor Location, then the number of Finalists shall be reduced accordingly.
2. Each Finalist who attends the luncheon at the Station on December 2, 2017 will be given an opportunity to participate in a videotaped audition by recoding a :30 second message on why he/she would be the best “Kid Correspondent.”
3. Each of the Finalists audition tapes will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria. On December 2, 2017, the Station will determine three (3) grand prize winners based on the Finalists with the three (3) highest scores. The Station reserves the right to reduce or not select any grand prize winners in the event suitable on-air talent cannot be determined.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each Finalist and Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each Finalist and Grand Prize Winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each Finalist and Grand Prize Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each Finalist and Grand Prize Winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. Grand Prize Winners will also be required to sign an additional appearance release for each Public Service Announcement in which he/she appears.
5. If a Finalist cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, an alternate Finalist will not be selected, and the prize will remain the property of the Station. If a Grand Prize Winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be determined by the judges as the Finalist with the next highest score.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
Participating Sponsor Locations:
LOCATION STREET CITY STATE ZIPCODE
Aberdeen 100 Beards Hill Rd Aberdeen MD 21001
Annapolis 2025 Sumerville Rd Annapolis MD 21043/21401
Arundel Mills 7055 Arundel Mills Circle Hanover MD 21076
Canton Crossing 3809 Boston Street Baltimore MD 21224
Centre at Glen Burnie 6709 Ritchie Highway Glen Burnie MD 21060
Constant Friendship Bus. Pk 408 Constant Friendship Blvd. Abingdon MD 21009
Corridor Market Place 3366 Corridor Market Place Laurel MD 20724
Crofton FSU 1133 Crain Hwy Gambrills MD 21054
Dobbin Center 6375 Dobbin Road Columbia MD 21045
East Point 7907 Eastern Ave. Baltimore MD 21224
Edgewater 3220 Solomons Island Road Edgewater MD 21037
Eldersburg 6032 Sykesville Road Eldersburg MD 21784
Executive Park Drive 4905 Executive Park Drive Columbia MD 21045
Forest Hill FSR 1980 Rock Spring Road Forest Hill MD 21050
Foundry Row FSR 10170 Reisterstown Rd Owings Mills MD 21117
Hunt Valley 6 Hyland Ave Hunt Valley MD 21030
Ingleside 5668 Baltimore Nat'l Pike Catonsville MD 21228
Inner Harbor Inline 400 E Pratt St Baltimore MD 21202
John Hopkins 10975 Johns Hopkins Road Laurel MD 20723
Joppa Road 2008 East Joppa Rd. Parkville MD 21234
Kent Island 1845 Main Street Chester MD 21619
Lansdowne 3599 Washington BLVD Baltimore MD 21227
Laurel 13600 Baltimore Ave. Suite 600 Laurel MD 20707
Linthicum 1610 W. Nursary Rd Linthicum Heights MD 21090
Martin Plaza 1202 Martin Blvd. Middle River MD 21220
Nottingham Square 5198 Campbell Blvd. Baltimore MD 21236
Owings Mills Square 10480 Owings Mills Blvd. Owings Mills MD 21117
Pasadena Crossing 8110 Jumpers Hole Rd Pasadena MD 21122
Perry Hall Shopping Center 8867 Belair Road Baltimore MD 21236
Quarterfield Rd 7831 Quarterfield Park Way Severn MD 21144
Severna Park 511 Ritchie Highway Severna Park MD 21146
The Villiage at Wagh Chapel 2615 Brandermill Blvd Gambrills MD 21054
Westminster 144 Engler Road Westminster MD 21157
York Rd FSR 10142 York Road Cockeysville MD 21030
Columbia Mall 10300 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia MD 21044
Marley Station 7900 Ritchie Highway Glen Burnie MD 21061
Town Mall of Westminster 400 N. Center Street Westminster MD 21157
Towson Town Center 825 Dulaney Valley Rd. Towson MD 21204
Annapolis Mall 1035 Annapolis Mall Annapolis MD 21401
Whitemarsh Mall 8200 Perry Hall Boulevard Baltimore MD 21236