Court documents reveal new details in murder of City College LAX captain

Court documents reveal new details in murder of City College LAX captain

BALTIMORE (WBFF) - It’s been nine days since 17-year-old Ray Glasgow III, the captain of City College High School’s lacrosse team, was shot and killed in southeast Baltimore.

Glasgow was one of four people in a car when the homicide happened in southeast Baltimore May 5.

Police were called to the area for reports of a shooting just after 6 p.m.

When officers arrived, they found Ray Glasgow and an 18-year-old man with gunshot wounds.

Both were transported to an area hospital, where Glasgow was pronounced dead.

Six days after Glasgow’s death, police arrested Shawn Little, 20, of Baltimore.

Little is facing 21 charges, including first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Court documents obtained by FOX45 Monday provide more detail as to what police believe happened, what led detectives to Little and how two other men were involved in the crime.

The statement of charges stated: “Video shows a white car approach the victim’s car, which was parked in the block closest to E. Pratt Street. Three males exited the white car, walked over to the passenger side of ‘John Doe 1’s’ car, displayed a firearm , and fired multiple times into ‘John Doe 1’s car. The three males suspects got back into the white car, made a U-turn, an drove northbound on S. Eden Street. ‘John Doe1’ attempted to drive to Johns Hopkins Hospital but while enroute had a minor accident with a stopped car at the 100blk. S. Broadway.”

The document went on to state a witness identified the suspect as Little, saying:

“A witness who will remain anonymous but made available for court positively identified the defendant, via photographic array. Mr. Shawn Little as one of the three males that exited the white car, approached ‘John Doe 1’s’ car, and shot into ‘John Doe 1’s vehicle, striking the victims before leaving together.”

The document refers to the three other people in the car with Glasgow as "John Doe 1," "John Doe 2" and "John Doe 3," citing safety concerns.

“Due to safety concerns for the surviving victim/witnesses, names are known but are being withheld,” the statement of charges reads.

On Monday, Baltimore police confirmed only Little has been arrested the in case and a motive in the killing remains unclear.

“The case remains open and detectives are continuing to investigate,” said BPD Spokesperson Jeremy Silbert. “At this time, Little has been the only suspect arrested and the motive remains unknown.”

According to online court records, Little has a preliminary hearing set for June 6.

Glasgow's parents are asking donations to only be sent to the official Ray Antwone Glasgow III Scholarship, through Del. Mosby:

House Office Building, Room 217
6 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
410-841-3520, 301-858-3520

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off