Flat screen TV blamed for Pennsylvania house fire


    Courtesy: Lancaster Township Fire Department <p>{/p}

    An early Sunday morning fire is being blamed on a flat screen TV.

    A man in the 1000 block of Sterling Place in Lancaster had gone to bed around 4:00am, and left a flat screen TV on and playing music. A timer was set to turn the TV off after an hour.

    Instead, the man woke up to the TV on fire on a table at the foot of the bed.

    Smoke alarms woke two people upstairs, and one was able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher.

    When Lancaster Township Fire Department arrived, the fire was out but the home's basement was still smoky.

    A man was taken via private vehicle to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...